29 March 2007

Inconceivable.

My days have been filled with ennui and distress, joy and laughter, as usual. Here are some things that have happened:

  • I saw Wally Shawn speak at the Stella Adler Conservatory of Acting. He told the students not to get a real job. He told them that it was possible to act for the rest of their lives, but they might have to put up with meager financial circumstances and perhaps have to live in crowded conditions, cold conditions or even "smelly conditions."
  • I saw David Nichtern speak at the Interdependence Project. He told us that we were all doing all right. Not in so many words.
  • I saw a hooker at the corner of 25th and 3rd in Brooklyn. This surprised me because i've never seen a pro there before 10pm. Turns out she was a cop. The guy she was soliciting got taken in. Her "pimp" pulled the not-john out of the car and his own badge out of his shirt. Very COPS.
  • My favorite dealer got "lassoed," to employ the term his wife used when she called me to let me know why he had flaked on me the night before.
  • I got the wind knocked out of my sails with my last cold. Now, i have to row.
I'm going to be shaking my ass at the bootie party at Element tomorrow night. I recognize the ew factor of the club, but DJ Party Ben's mission in life is to get people dancing. Come be a part.

No comments:

 

Free Website Counter
Proflowers