02 April 2007

Tibetan Personality Test

So, my dear friend, Bev, forwarded me this personality test. After one click, you are told that the "Dalai Lama suggests you read it to see if it works for you." Before you begin, you are requested to make a wish. I wished to fall in love during the month of April. I took the test, read the results, and was intrigued by some of the interpretations. My interest lessened significantly when i was then told that my life would improve drastically and my wish would come true if i sent the test to 15 or more persons. Ew. I hate chain letters and according to this web site, the Dalai Lama has nothing to do with the test. Ew. I'm posting the test. Below the questions, you will find the results. If you don't want to have the computer-generated results of a decades old, falsely advertising, sketchily insightful identity test-cum-chain letter spoiled, then don't scroll down. If you want to know yourself, meditate. Try this book for a good, down-to-earth start.

(1) Put the following 5 animals in the order of your preference:
Cow, Tiger, Sheep, Horse, Pig

(2) Write one word that describes eaxh of the following:
Dog, Cat, Rat, Coffee, Sea

(3) Think of someone, who also knows you, who is important to you, which you can relate them to the following colors:
Yellow, Orange, Red, White, Green

(4) Finally, write down your favortie number, and your favorite day of the week.

And the interpretations:

Cow signifies career.
Tiger signifies pride.
Sheep signifies love.
Horse signifies family.
Pig signifies money.

Your description of dog implies your personality [mine is cute, apparently.]
Your description of cat implies the personality of your partner.
Your description of rat implies the personality of your enemies.
Your description of coffee is how you interpret sex.
Your description of sea implies your own life.

Yellow: someone you will never forget.
Orange: someone you consider your true friend.
Red: someone you really love.
White: your twin soul
Green: someone you will remember the rest of your life. [is this different than the yellow interpretation?]

Your favorite number is supposed to represent how many people you ought to forward the test to; the day of the week you choose is the day your wish will come true. Before getting all meh about it, i was struck by the fact that i wished to fall in love, yet sheep was the last animal i listed. Indeed, before writing down my answer, i thought, sheep are kinda gross. I also declined to choose a favorite day of the week. I'm extremely busy ( like all of NYC) and all the days are giving me an equal amount of pleasure and suck. So, no falling in love for me this month, i guess.

My vedic horoscope did, however, tell me a "positive phase will run for possibility of new relationships, which could have a long term potential." But not that long because "unmarried people might not get a chance for marriage this month."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sadly i've taken this test at least once a year since i was 11 years old and started to receive chain letters on my newly acquired aol account. every year i try it and every year it fails. although last year i picked 0 as my number because i knew that would mean i wouldn't have to send it to anyone and my wish was to lose weight...i lost 30 pounds. so maybe if you send it to the right amount of people, god could intervene. if there is a god. who knows? why would god really care if i weighed 175 pounds or 145pounds ? let him worry about the people dying in darfur...and iraq and north korea and here. my life should nod need god's intervention. or maybe he's just spending too much time intervening on my behalf and not enough on other people.

 

Free Website Counter
Proflowers